Rates and Insurance
Please contact me for information about my session fees.
I believe quality mental health care should be accessible to all, and so I reserve a number of reduced fee slots for those who cannot afford my standard fee. Please inquire.
I am not currently on any insurance panels, but you may be eligible for out of network benefits from your health insurance company to see a therapist of your choice. It is the responsibility of each client to research what benefits are available to them. Call your insurance company’s member services phone number, usually written on the back of your insurance card. Sometimes there is a separate phone number for mental or behavioral health.
Here are some questions you can ask your health insurance provider to assess your benefits:
- What are my mental or behavioral health insurance benefits?
- Will my insurance cover out-of-network providers?
- What is my out-of-network deductible for outpatient mental health? Is this separate from my in-network deductible? How much of my deductible has been met for this year?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- Is there a maximum amount per therapy session that my insurance will cover? Is there a co-pay and what is the amount?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care provider or other in-network provider?
- How do I submit claims for reimbursement?
- Does my insurance cover “telehealth” (phone and video sessions)?